HMG Paints Limited Privacy Notice
HMG Paints Ltd. is committed to protecting your personal data and also to ensuring that your rights to privacy are protected. We will collect data from you at a number of points, including via our online website contact form and via sales registration forms (both online and paper), and on completion of forms supplied at trade events we hold or attend.
Your personal data will be stored on secure databases and access will be permitted only to those with a need to know.
In order to be open and transparent, HMG Paints Ltd wants you to know that:
- HMG Paints Ltd is the Data Controller of the information it holds or will hold on you.
- HMG Paints Ltd has a Nominated Person for Data Protection, and contact details for this person may be obtained by requesting them from us by telephone on 0161 205 7631, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The information we collect from you and subsequently process may include your contact details (e.g. name, address, telephone numbers, email address etc.), bank account details, date of birth, gender and any other data that is relevant to our business relationship with you.
- The information may be collected from forms and letters, emails, on-line applications, written material, verbal discussions, and text messages etc.
The information is collected and will be processed so that HMG Paints Ltd may:
Comply with our contractual obligations and provide you with your agreed goods or services, including;
- contacting you in relation to, and organise delivery of such products;
- sharing your information with our third-party provider to deliver such good and services;
- arranging, maintaining, managing and taking other steps in relating to advising you of products and services;
- process any information required to arrange the correct colour choices, and to send you colour charts where applicable;
In particular, HMG Paints Ltd has the following legal bases for the processing of your personal data:
For non-special / non-sensitive data:
- where it is necessary for the performance of any contract you may have with HMG Paints Ltd, or to take steps to enter into such a contract; and
- where it is necessary for the purposes of HMG Paints Ltd’s legitimate interests.
For special / sensitive data:
- where it has been manifestly made public by you; and
- where it is necessary for statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89 of the General Data Protection Regulation, in a manner which provides for suitable and specific measures to safeguard the fundamental rights and the interests of you (including pseudonymisation and/or anonymisation).
- also, where it is within your vital interests for us to do so.
- In addition to the above bases, HMG Paints Ltd may also process any of your personal data for other reasons where it has received your explicit, freely given consent.
The information may be shared with third parties for administration and/or management purposes, where it is necessary or desirable and lawful for HMG Paints Ltd to do so. However, HMG Paints Ltd will share only the minimum information that is necessary. Such sharing of information will include the following:
provided you have given consent, we will share information (including sensitive personal data and/or special categories of data) with our insurers where there is a legal requirement to do so.
we will share information with our partners so that we are able to comply with our contractual obligations and provide you with your agreed goods or services, including the following parties:
- HMG Paints Ltd its officers, managers and those required to process information, for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you;
- Sales staff and event organisers;
- emails so that we may provide you with general news about HMG Paints and our product line and with the HMG Paints Newsletter e-newsletter;
we will share information with the following parties on the basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, including the following parties:
selected third parties for the purposes of carrying out necessary checks, such as in relation to relevant qualifications, first aid and health and safety;
- The information will not be processed outside the EEA without your prior written consent.
- The information will be retained for as long as is necessary. When the information is no longer required, it will be destroyed securely.
You have certain rights, which include:
- the right to obtain access to your personal data (what personal data of yours HMG Paints Ltd holds);
- the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where we are not otherwise entitled to retain and process such data and there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
- the right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Further information is available upon request;
- the right to withdraw consent at any time, where relevant; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by telephone at 0161 205 7631, or via email email@example.com, for details of how an application may be made.